Perfect for offshore dual or center consoles, walkarounds, runabouts, and pontoons, the 4.2-liter F250 allows you to step up your horsepower and displacement without replacing your rigging.
2018 Yamaha F250 V6 4.2L Mechanical 25 F250XB Outboard Motor
Convenience & Control
- BEST-IN-CLASS CHARGING POWER: With up to 70 amps of total alternator output, our V6 4.2-liter outboards have over 29 percent more charging power than other V6 four strokes and ample charging for an array of on-board electronic devices.
- PRECISE AND CONVENIENT TROLLING: Our Variable Trolling RPM Switch (VTS) allows you to adjust the trolling speed from 600 ~ 1000 RPM, in 50 RPM increments, for consistent trolling speeds in any conditions.
- MORE INFORMATION / SECURITY: Command Link Plus® features a 6-inch high-contrast, multi-engine, LCD or an-all new 7-inch touchscreen display; digital electronic controls; key switches and start/stop panels; and more flexibility and information than ever. Its optional Y-COP® theft-deterrent system disables the ignition and fuel systems while docked.
- SMOOTH SHIFTING: Our patented Shift Dampener System (SDS™) absorbs the resulting force of shifting gears, greatly reducing the noise commonly associated with shifting.
Power & Performance
- 4.2 LITER BIG BORE DISPLACEMENT: Yamaha’s 4.2-liter V6 Offshore outboards feature plasma-fused sleeveless cylinder walls, which are 60 percent harder than steel. That means larger cylinder bores for increased displacement, resulting in more power and torque, without increasing outer cylinder dimensions. It also results in dramatically lighter weight and better cooling, and “micro-textured” cylinder walls that help decrease friction loss, further increase performance, and enhance reliability.
- BEST-IN-CLASS FUEL EFFICIENCY: Our 4.2-liter V6s are up to 17 percent more fuel efficient at 3500 RPM than other four-stroke V6s.* For maximum power and efficiency, electronically controlled throttle valves work in concert with Precision Multi-Point Fuel Injection to ensure a precise mix of air and fuel. In addition, six individual sensors constantly provide vital atmospheric and engine conditions to the Engine Control Module (ECM), which makes adjustments for performance.
- LIGHTEST WEIGHT IN CLASS: From the top of the cowling to the tip of the propeller shaft, every ounce of weight-savings has been realized for maximum performance without sacrificing durability. There’s even a new advanced polymer composite lower engine pan that lowers weight and increases corrosion resistance. The 4.2-liter V6s are up to 73 pounds lighter than the other four strokes in their class, at 562 pounds (digitaL and 551 pounds (mechanical).
- THROTTLE RESPONSE & ACCELERATION: Yamaha’s Variable Camshaft Timing system advances and retards the angle of the intake camshaft to dramatically increase power and throttle response in the low- and mid-RPM ranges. This feature helps Yamaha’s new 4.2-liter big-bore V6 outboards deliver awesome hole shots and mid-range acceleration.
- CRUISING SPEED: The Yamaha F300 is up to 19% faster at cruise RPM than other 300-hp four-stroke outboards.* Cruise RPM is where most offshore outboards are typically operated, meaning you get there faster, using less fuel, than competitive models.
Reliability & Durability
- INCREASED COOLING CAPACITY: Yamaha V6 4.2-liter models come standard with dual pairs of water inlets for increased cooling efficiency. Located on the front and both sides of the lower unit, each pair of pick-ups operates independently of each other to provide proper water flow in a wide variety of applications and conditions.
- RELIABILITY & EFFICIENCY: For increased reliability, individual intake and exhaust camshafts provide more precise valve timing control with fewer moving parts than conventional rocker arm systems. This superior design also allows for the use of four valves per cylinder, which exchange intake and exhaust gases more efficiently for responsive power and increased fuel economy.
- PROTECTION FROM THE ELEMENTS: All Yamaha V6 4.2-liter outboards feature a proven cowling drain system, to easily and efficiently drain away any water that enters the cowling during normal engine operation. Incoming air is routed through a labyrinth of passages that trap and drain water before it enters the engine’s intake, for maximum reliability.
- VIBRATION REDUCTION: Yamaha V6 4.2-liter outboards utilize our Long Span Mounting System, which employs a specially formulated rubber compound attached to newly designed engine mounts. Placed as far apart vertically and horizontally as practically possible, they provide necessary strength while minimizing vibration.
Model Year: 2018
Model: F250 V6 4.2L Mechanical 25
Model Code: F250XB
Alternator Output: 50 – 70 amp
Engine Type: V6
Ignition: TCI Microcomputer
Exhaust: Through propeller
Power: 250 Horsepower
Displacement: 4,169 Cubic Centimeter
Bore x Stroke: 96 x 96 mm (3.78 x 3.78 in.)
Shaft Length: 25″
Dry Weight: 551 lbs
Steering: Remote mechanical controls
Fuel Type: Unleaded
Use: Fresh and Salt Water
Full Throttle RPM Range: 5,000 – 6,000 rpm
Fuel Induction: EFI
Lubrication: Wet sump
Recommended oil – Yamalube® 4M
Oil Capacity – 6.3 / 6 L with filter
Cooling: Thermostatic control
Gear Ratio: 1.75:1
Gear Shift: Forward, neutral, reverse
Trim System: Power trim and tilt
-3° through +16°
Degree of tilt – 67°
2018 Yamaha F250 V6 4.2L Mechanical 25 F250XB Outboard Motor
What’s in the box?
1 X Outboard Motor
1 X Outboard Tiller Handle
1 X Fuel Tank
1 X Quick Connect Fuel Line tilt switch
1 x Teleflex SL3 Throttle control Top or side Mount + Free Installation Universal Cables
1 X Outboard Warranty Card from manufacturer Valid 5 Years Depending on the outboard type
1 X Standart Aluminum Propeller Depending on outboard Brands, type & Horsepower.
1 X Trim limiter
3 X Gall Free Oil Depending on outboard Brands Yamalube, Honda Marine Oil, Mercury Premium Oil
1 X Stainless Outboard Anti-Theft
1 X Book Owner’s Manual Guide from the manufacturer
1 X Ebook Installation Guide & And how to take care of the engine properly.
3 X Cable Protection System Length 800mm